Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Markus Heinisch <Ma...@trivadis.com> on 2006/09/14 12:16:35 UTC

tr:inputText Skinning Question

Hi,

I want to paint the background color of a tr:inputText depending of some state:

              label="#{bindings.Title.label}"
           required="#{bindings.Title.mandatory}"
         styleClass="#{bindings.Title.mandatory ? 'required' : 'nonrequired'" />

I read in an posting some weeks ago that I can use the af|inputText::content selector. I tried following definition:

.required af|inputText::content{
  background-color: red;
}

It works when the tr:inputText is *not* used inside of a tr:panelFormLayout!
But most of the time I use a tr:panelFormLayout parent for all my input components.

I tried the following definition:

.required af|panelFormLayout::content-cell af|inputText::content{
  background-color: red;
}

Does not paint my inputText inside the panelFormLayout!
Of course, using

af|panelFormLayout::content-cell af|inputText::content{
  background-color: red;
}

paints all inputs red inside of a paneFormLayout.

How can I style the background color of an input inside of a panelFormLayout depending on a state?

Any hints are welcome!

Thanks,
Markus

Markus Heinisch

Dipl.-Inform.
Consultant

Trivadis GmbH
Freischützstrasse 92
81927 München
Germany

Tel.: +49-89-99275930
Fax : +49-89-99275959
Mobile: +49-162-2959616
mailto:markus.heinisch@trivadis.com
http://www.trivadis.com <http://www.trivadis.com/>

Re: tr:inputText Skinning Question

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Markus,

Is the use case only about required fields or also some other states? If
it's about required only, there's a patche pending that will fix it.

Regards,

~ Simon