Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ZK <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/23 10:54:06 UTC

Re: Creating 5000 users with simmilar user name

Hi,
try adding a "counter" to your test and create a new user with:
userName${counter}

ZK

Re: Creating 5000 users with simmilar user name

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>the scenarios presented have to reuse the usernames created, then UUIDs
will add a bit of complexity
you have the same issue for whatever algorithm you use (because your tests
must be repeatable, unless you want to reset the DB everytime ,you have to
add a time component to the username ) . If you reuse this username in the
same thread you dont have a problem whether you use UUID or anything else -
if you reuse across threads (whether in the same instance or another
machine) you still have to devise a way of sharing this data which then is
the same whether you use UUIDs or anything else.

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
or just use UUIDs

Posted by ZK <st...@gmail.com>.
If it was for distributed testing then I would keep it simple (as Flavio
described) using something like:
userName_${__MachineName}_${counter}

ZK

Re: Creating 5000 users with simmilar user name

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.