Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/26 13:19:30 UTC

[dev] Contributing again

Hey
Just a couple of quick ones, I'm working on a few features for the dimension data driver namely support for a loadbalancing driver and extending the compute to support more functions and the newer API.
1. I understand the branching requirements are referencing a Jira ticket. Do you create a ticket per feature and a feature branch? I've gone down that path with 736 and LIBCLOUD-7372. Unit tests. The existing tests were mock http results, which I've extended coverage for. Do any of the other drivers utilise a real http request? What is the expected level of coverage on the driver?
3. What is the plan for a networking driver? Along the lines of the openstack systems

Ant
Sent from Outlook

Re: [dev] Contributing again

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
I think I picked the wrong approach by creating 2 branches, since after the
first one got merged, the second raised (easily resolvable) merge conflicts.

https://github.com/apache/libcloud/pull/567

The new load balancer driver is all done anyway, I've created and tested
about 25 production load balancers and the code performs pretty well. A
testament to the library I think!

xml.etree is pretty clunky, but it does the job.

Ant

Re: [dev] Contributing again

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Replies are in-line.