Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2008/02/15 10:19:33 UTC

Re: [***SPAM***] - [List1] U.M.A. II English International Open Judo Back to Back Ne

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 09:48 -0500, Ben Ramsey wrote:
> On 2/14/08 6:07 AM, Dynamis Gym wrote:
> > I have completed the UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST twice now, and you are still
> > sending me these e-mails.
> >
> > Please REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST immediately, or I will report you for
> > harvesting my e-mail from the internet and NOT allowing me to unsubscribe.
> >
> > As of right now, ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO CONTINUE SENDING ME MAIL!
> >

> DITTO! I did not sign up for this mailing list, and I cannot unsubscribe via the
> mailman interface.

Ben,

I'm afraid I cannot work out exactly what list is sending you mail.

This mail came to me through general@incubator.apache.org, but you are
not subscribed to that list. I can only deduce that you are referring to
the umauk.co.uk list that is CCd.

If there is anything you want to see done relating to apache.org lists,
please do contact me. However, as far as lists at apache.org, I do not
currently believe any action is required.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [***SPAM***] - [List1] U.M.A. II English International Open Judo Back to Back Ne

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Thanks for the suggestion. None of the email addresses mentioned in this
email are subscribed to general@, so currently, I find this email
bizarrely inexplicable.

Regards, Upayavira

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>.
Upayavira wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 09:48 -0500, Ben Ramsey wrote:
>> On 2/14/08 6:07 AM, Dynamis Gym wrote:
>>> I have completed the UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST twice now, and you are still
>>> sending me these e-mails.
>>>
>>> Please REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST immediately, or I will report you for
>>> harvesting my e-mail from the internet and NOT allowing me to unsubscribe.
>>>
>>> As of right now, ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO CONTINUE SENDING ME MAIL!
>>>
>> DITTO! I did not sign up for this mailing list, and I cannot unsubscribe via the
>> mailman interface.
>
> Ben,
>
> I'm afraid I cannot work out exactly what list is sending you mail.
>
> This mail came to me through general@incubator.apache.org, but you are
> not subscribed to that list. I can only deduce that you are referring to
> the umauk.co.uk list that is CCd.
>
> If there is anything you want to see done relating to apache.org lists,
> please do contact me. However, as far as lists at apache.org, I do not
> currently believe any action is required.

A common problem is when someone in your company (or similar) has
subscribed the developers list (or similar) of that company onto the
Apache list (or similar). But this should be possible to deduce from the
headers.

Endre.