Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/06 14:09:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Hi,

Here is the list of fixed issues :

Bugs :
------

    [DIRMINA-844] - Http Proxy Authentication failed to complete (see
description for exact point of failure)
    [DIRMINA-1002] - Mina IoHandlerEvents missing inputClosed enum item.
    [DIRMINA-1051] - The MD5withRSA cipher is not anymore supported by
Java 8, and our tests certificates have been generated with it.
    [DIRMINA-1052] - Fix the mvn-site command
    [DIRMINA-1056] - IllegalArgumentException when setting max and
minReadBufferSize > 65536 (default)
    [DIRMINA-1057] - AbstractIoSession getScheduledWriteMessages always
-negative?
    [DIRMINA-1059] - NioProcessor's selector is synchronized but
accessed outside
    [DIRMINA-1060] - Handle the spinning selectors in Socket/Datagram
Acceptor and Connector
    [DIRMINA-1072] - SslFilter does not account for SSLEngine runtime
exceptions
    [DIRMINA-1073] - NioSocketSession#isSecured does not comply with
interface contract
    [DIRMINA-1076] - Leaking NioProcessors/NioSocketConnectors hanging
in call to dispose
    [DIRMINA-1077] - Threads hanging in dispose() on SSLHandshakeException

Improvement :
-------------

    [DIRMINA-1061] - When AbstractPollingIoProcessor read nothing, free
the temporary buffer should be better

Task :
------

    [DIRMINA-1058] - Add the missing Javadoc

Here's the Jira link for this version if you'd like to review issues in
more details:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DIRMINA/versions/12338623

A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
approved)

The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
release and all final artifacts are stored
in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-1034/

The distributions are available for download on :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mina/mina/2.0.17/

Let us vote :
[ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.17
[ ] +/- | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do *NOT*  release MINA 2.0.17

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
+1
ᐧ

--
Jeff MAURY

working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
+1

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Christoph John <ch...@macd.com>.
+1

--
Christoph John
Development & Support

MACD GmbH
Oppenhoffallee 103
D-52066 Aachen
www.macd.com

Amtsgericht Aachen: HRB 8151
Ust.-Id: DE 813021663
Geschäftsführer: George Macdonald

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
I thought I voted for this… but if not…

+1

Jeff

Result, was [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

I'm closing this vote, which passes with 4 binding +1 and one non
binding +1 :

Christoph Jo (non binding)
Guillaume Nodet (binding)
Jeff Genender (binding)
Jeff Maury (binding
and me (binding)

I will push the packages and announce, and update the web site.

Many thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 11/03/2018 à 08:41, Jonathan Valliere a écrit :
> Isn’t this a committee vote?  Unless I read it wrong all votes are limited
> to committee members.  Shouldn’t this be posted on the pmc mailing list?

We do vote release in the open. Every one - including users - can vote.

Only PMC members have a binding vote though. But we value committers
-and users -  vote, simply because smetime we could have missed
something critical.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache MINA 2.0.17

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi guys,

wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Here is the list of fixed issues :
>
> Bugs :
> ------
>
>     [DIRMINA-844] - Http Proxy Authentication failed to complete (see
> description for exact point of failure)
>     [DIRMINA-1002] - Mina IoHandlerEvents missing inputClosed enum item.
>     [DIRMINA-1051] - The MD5withRSA cipher is not anymore supported by
> Java 8, and our tests certificates have been generated with it.
>     [DIRMINA-1052] - Fix the mvn-site command
>     [DIRMINA-1056] - IllegalArgumentException when setting max and
> minReadBufferSize > 65536 (default)
>     [DIRMINA-1057] - AbstractIoSession getScheduledWriteMessages always
> -negative?
>     [DIRMINA-1059] - NioProcessor's selector is synchronized but
> accessed outside
>     [DIRMINA-1060] - Handle the spinning selectors in Socket/Datagram
> Acceptor and Connector
>     [DIRMINA-1072] - SslFilter does not account for SSLEngine runtime
> exceptions
>     [DIRMINA-1073] - NioSocketSession#isSecured does not comply with
> interface contract
>     [DIRMINA-1076] - Leaking NioProcessors/NioSocketConnectors hanging
> in call to dispose
>     [DIRMINA-1077] - Threads hanging in dispose() on SSLHandshakeException
>
> Improvement :
> -------------
>
>     [DIRMINA-1061] - When AbstractPollingIoProcessor read nothing, free
> the temporary buffer should be better
>
> Task :
> ------
>
>     [DIRMINA-1058] - Add the missing Javadoc
>

> Here's the Jira link for this version if you'd like to review issues in
> more details:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DIRMINA/versions/12338623
>
> A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
> approved)
>
> The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
> release and all final artifacts are stored
> in a staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-1034/
>

> The distributions are available for download on :
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mina/mina/2.0.17/
>
> Let us vote :
> [ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.17
> [ ] +/- | Abstain