Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Br...@FINEOS.com> on 2006/01/04 13:01:22 UTC

Two quick questions

Hi,

Thanks for you're help so far. I have managed to get a simple client and
service working together with an XA resource. I just have a couple of quick
questions which you might be able to help;

Firstly, when is Kandula likely to be officially released ?

Secondly. At the moment transaction management is done on the server-side by
the coordinator. How is it envisaged that failover would work ? I.E. If I
have two instances of the Web Services deployed in a cluster and one of the
application servers goes down ? Normally failover would be handled through
sessions and session failover (this is quite easy for simple things like
remaining logged in). It is assumed that the client will see a broken
transaction and start again or will the coordinator know enough to either
rollback or continue with the transaction ?

Thanks,

Brian Dillon

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be
privileged and is intended only for the user of the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended
recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy, use
or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anybody else.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.
This e-mail has been swept for computer viruses.  However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.
Registered in Ireland, No. 205721.  http://www.FINEOS.com