Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2009/06/23 19:24:29 UTC

Restful Services with Axis 2

Hello Axis 2 Users ,
                   Has anybody tried out developing Restful Services
using Axis 2 ?
 I have followed the instructions as given in the link
http://www.webmonkey.com/tutorial/RESTful_Web_Services_with_Apache_Axis2
<http://www.webmonkey.com/tutorial/RESTful_Web_Services_with_Apache_Axis
2>

I get an EPR not found error when I try to access an end point in a
restful manner using thr url

http://localhost:8080/Axis2Demo/services/UserMgmtServiceImpl/User/1

ERROR] The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR)
/Axis2Demo/services/User/1

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The service cannot be found for the endpoint
reference (EPR) /Axis2Demo/services/User/1

The wsdl has the following http bindings

<wsdl2:binding name="UserMgmtServiceImplHttpBinding"
interface="tns:ServiceInterface" whttp:methodDefault="GET"
type="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/http">
        <wsdl2:fault ref="tns:Exception"/>

       <wsdl2:operation ref="tns:getAllUsers" whttp:location="Users"
whttp:method="GET" />

        <wsdl2:operation ref="tns:createUser" whttp:location="User"
whttp:method="POST">
            <wsdl2:outfault ref="tns:Exception"/>
        </wsdl2:operation>

       <wsdl2:operation ref="tns:getUser" whttp:location="User/{userId}"
whttp:method="GET">

       <wsdl2:operation ref="tns:updateUser" whttp:location="User"
whttp:method="PUT">
            <wsdl2:outfault ref="tns:Exception"/>
        </wsdl2:operation>

    </wsdl2:binding>

We are evaluating Axis 2 and for us choose it over other webservice
offerings, it is very important that we should be able to develop
Restful Services with Axis 2. I have googled this up ,but could not find
a solution.

Could you please provide any pointers in debugging this issue ?

Appreciate your time and effort

thank you,

Suchitha.