Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ramesh Mandava <my...@yahoo.com> on 2000/01/20 23:21:20 UTC

First Set of Bugs Found in Tomcat M1RC2 build

Hi:

  Here is the first set of bugs which i found in
Tomcat
M1RC2 build

BUG 1:  We are getting error if we include a JSP page
using jsp:include tag. If we include any HTML page
this works fine.

   Because of this problem

following JSP11 Actions Positive Tests fails

Test 24
Test 25
Test 27A
Test 27B

 BUG 2 : Because of the above jsp:include error
jsp include example fails

  We get the following

====
In place evaluation of another JSP which gives you the
current time: 94832661557
7

To get the current time in ms by including the output
of another JSP: Included s
ervlet error: 404: JSP file
"/examples/jsp/include/foo.jsp" not found :-)

=====

 Reason : The above two bugs may be because of wrong
resolution of Servlet/JSP Context root.

BUG 3:  When we use jsp:forward the paremeters we
passed in to the JSP which has jsp:forward are lost.
i.e. parameter augmentqation is not occuring when we
are doing jsp:forward.

   Because of this following Actions Positive Test
Fails

Test 33C.

 This parameter augmentation problem may also exist
even when we use jsp:include, as jsp:include is failed
for any jsp we are not going that far with
test27A,test27B of Actions Positive tests

BUG 4 :

  Tag Extension example, teh one we shipped with the
build is giving error.

We are getting

======

In Browser :

Error: 500

try to access class com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from
class org/apache/jasper/com
piler/TagLibraryInfoImpl

====

===
On Server cmdtool

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an
error page to report such
errors more gracefully
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode fr
om class org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspP
arseEventListener.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Delegat
ingListener.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compi
led Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled C
ode)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java,
Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessar
y(JspServlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
vlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compile
d Code)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Cod
e)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper
.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Co
mpiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java,
ompiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java, Compiled
Code)

======

  I haven't checked in the tests which i mentioned
above yet. So for now if anybody interested in using
the above tests please send me e-mail. I will send
them as attachments.

Thanks
-Ramesh.Mandava

http://im.yahoo.com