Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Preetham Mallavarapu <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/08 10:59:37 UTC

Need help in fixing issue with Url refresh

Hi,

I have a problem in my struts2 app when I try to refresh url

Below is the url I am trying to refresh..

when user logs in then the *checkUser* method will be called in the
LoginManager class and if it is a successfull login the home page will be
called having the below one as the url..

http://localhost:8081/NewApp/checkUserLoginManager

Now the problem is when I try to refresh the url it throws me null pointer
exception..for me it looks like it is calling again the checkUser method..

Now can someone help me on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Hari Krishna

Re: Need help in fixing issue with Url refresh

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> From: Preetham Mallavarapu <pr...@gmail.com>
> Date: 12.06.2015 09:38
> Subject: Re: Need help in fixing issue with Url refresh
>
> HI Christoph,
>
> Sorry for the delayed response.
>
> Thanks a lot for your assistance on this issue. Now its working for me.
>
> My Classes are almost similar to what you said except that I was
> redirecting to the home page from the login action which was causing the
> issue. I have made tweaks in my code as per your suggestion and it
> perfectly works now.
>
> Tons of Thanks again.
>
> Thanks,
> Hari Krishna

:)

Re: Need help in fixing issue with Url refresh

Posted by Preetham Mallavarapu <pr...@gmail.com>.
HI Christoph,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks a lot for your assistance on this issue. Now its working for me.

My Classes are almost similar to what you said except that I was
redirecting to the home page from the login action which was causing the
issue. I have made tweaks in my code as per your suggestion and it
perfectly works now.

Tons of Thanks again.

Thanks,
Hari Krishna

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Preetham Mallavarapu <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your quick response..I am briefing the issue once again..

The inital flow was like this before...

I have login.jsp(username and password) -> checkUser method(loginManager)->
Method calls a function in DB class and gets the user details if exist - >
returns success to strus.xml -> now user details gets displayed in UI page..

here the url comes as said before..
http://localhost:8081/NewApp/checkUserLoginManager

and when I refresh it throws exception which might be due to calling the
checkUsermethod..

After the suggestion I have used a redirectAction

I have login.jsp(username and password) -> checkUser method(loginManager)->
Method calls a function in DB class and gets the user details if exist -
>returns success to strus.xml ->now I have used a redirect action to
another Action class which inturn redirects to homepage (but the problem is
that it doesnt display the user details now) and the url issue got fixed..

Now the url is like below
http://localhost:8081/ExamCentre/displayManager.action

Now if I try to move the login validation to second action, I am unclear on
how to pass the data from login.jsp to the second action..

The project is in initial stage so I have 2 action class one for
registrtaion and one for login apart from the new one created for
redirection.

Below is my struts.xml for reference

<action name="*LoginManager" class="com.project.manager.LoginManager"
method="{1}">
    <result name="displayLoginPage" type="redirect">
    <param name="location">login.jsp</param>
    </result>

                <result name="studentHomePage" type="redirectAction">
                  <param name="actionName">displayManager</param>
                </result>
        </action>
 <action name="displayManager" class="com.project.manager.DisplayManager">

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.

Posted by Preetham Mallavarapu <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christoph,

Posted by Preetham Mallavarapu <pr...@gmail.com>.