Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Salkin <ss...@NetVendor.com> on 2001/05/30 22:14:40 UTC

struts in tomcat 3.3-m3

Hi-

Has anyone (else) had trouble deploying a struts application on
tomcat-3.3-m3 that works fine under 3.2.2? I (and several people here) are
experiencing oddness when trying to do this. It doesn't seem to be
particular to our app either, since the struts-example.war also causes
tomcat to fail during start-up.

The error is a basically a failure to create a SaxParser from the
SaxParserFactory - this is a static method that looks for a specific
concrete class, either from a system property or an implementation-defined
default. Apparently this is not occuring.

Workarounds would be welcome: the tag-pooling feature of 3.3 has a lot of
promise for a struts app.

Thanks,

Steve Salkin