Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/04/29 05:21:33 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Announce 5.15.15 as one of the last release on 5.15.x series

Hi all,

Now that we released 5.16.2 and 5.15.15 (and website updated), I would like to send the announcement and blog about these releases.

I would like to announce 5.15.15 as the "last" release on 5.15.x series.

NB: I don’t use EOL or strong last release, because it doesn’t exist from Apache standpoint, anyone can propose a new release on any branch, even very old, if he wants.

The purpose is to be "formal", and see if someone disagree (and give a chance to speak and throw an objection) before sending the announcement.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] Announce 5.15.15 as one of the last release on 5.15.x series

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jon

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

As we didn’t have any more feedback about this proposal, I moved forward on the announcements.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Only +1 about this proposal and no objection, I will move forward with the announcement including 5.15.x statement.

Re: Re: [PROPOSAL] Announce 5.15.15 as one of the last release on 5.15.x series

Posted by guanlong huang <gl...@glong.net>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Robbie,

Thanks for the updates.

I will prepare the announcement.

Thanks again,
Regards
JB

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1   Perhaps adding ‘planned’ to the phrasing—  “5.15.15 is the last planned release .,,” and convey the sentiment while leaving it open for emergency hot-fix or CVE-type deal.

Thanks!