Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/11 19:21:10 UTC

Re: T4.1.2 error loading hivemind-service

Hi

This exception

"javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;)Ljava/lang/Class;"

Means that you have a Javassist version mismatch, check your classpath
for the older versions of Javassist.

Renat

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

AW: T4.1.2 contrib:Tree

Posted by Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de>.
hi andreas,

thank you for providing the information,
i will try the snapshot-builds.

kind regards,
peter

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

AW: T4.1.2 contrib:Tree

Posted by Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de>.
the tacos website states:

" The latest release of the current branch of work has produced Tacos 4.0.0 - a version fully compatible with Tapestry 4.0.x.

Most development efforts will now be shifted to converting the Ant-based build system to Maven2. A version compatible with Tapestry 4.1.x will then follow. "

does anyone know the current progress?

AFIK tree is deprecated and now tree from Tacos is recommended for use.
Old Tap-Contrib 4.0 tree was anyway crappy. I required almost
completely to rewrite it to make it somehow usable in my environment.

On 12/07/07, Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am wondering why there is no documentation for the tree-component on:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-contrib/componentreference/index.html
>
> even though these components are still included into tapestry-contrib-4.1.2.jar. is this  legacy-support, or are they just missing?
>
> kind regards,
> peter

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Re: T4.1.2 contrib:Tree

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
AFIK tree is deprecated and now tree from Tacos is recommended for use.
Old Tap-Contrib 4.0 tree was anyway crappy. I required almost
completely to rewrite it to make it somehow usable in my environment.

On 12/07/07, Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am wondering why there is no documentation for the tree-component on:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-contrib/componentreference/index.html
>
> even though these components are still included into tapestry-contrib-4.1.2.jar. is this  legacy-support, or are they just missing?
>
> kind regards,
> peter

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

T4.1.2 contrib:Tree

Posted by Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de>.
hi,

i am wondering why there is no documentation for the tree-component on:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-contrib/componentreference/index.html

even though these components are still included into tapestry-contrib-4.1.2.jar. is this  legacy-support, or are they just missing?

kind regards,
peter

RE: T4.1.2 error loading hivemind-service

Posted by Ma...@bmw.ch.
javassist changed its group / artifact id from javassist.javassist to jboss.javassist. Release 3.0 was the last one available under the javassist toplevel-group. If you somehow, transitively, reference both, maven has no way to know that both are the same artifact.

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can check

mvn dependency:analyze

It might happened that there is something else that is using wrong
Javassist version.

Renat

On 12/07/07, Peter Schröder <Pe...@freenet-ag.de> wrote:
> it seems that this is a maven-issue. i have to update all dependencies that are still using javassist-3.0 to use javassist-3.4.ga. locally overriding javassist-version in the application pom has no effect... even though eclipse sais, that javassist-3.4.ga is included as a dependency?!!?!?!?!?

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

AW: T4.1.2 error loading hivemind-service

> [...]

>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:89)
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:78)
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.AbstractFab.createClass(AbstractFab.java:91)
>         at org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxyClass(SingletonServiceModel.java:185)
>         at org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxy(SingletonServiceModel.java:102)
>         ... 24 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;)Ljava/lang/Class;
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.HiveMindClassPool.toClass(HiveMindClassPool.java:79)
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:85)

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

AW: T4.1.2 error loading hivemind-service

> [...]

>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:89)
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:78)
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.AbstractFab.createClass(AbstractFab.java:91)
>         at org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxyClass(SingletonServiceModel.java:185)
>         at org.apache.hivemind.impl.servicemodel.SingletonServiceModel.createSingletonProxy(SingletonServiceModel.java:102)
>         ... 24 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javassist.CtClass.toClass(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;)Ljava/lang/Class;
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.HiveMindClassPool.toClass(HiveMindClassPool.java:79)
>         at org.apache.tapestry.enhance.CtClassSource.createClass(CtClassSource.java:85)

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov