Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Dubuc <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/14 22:58:32 UTC

Turning on logging of JSF 1.2 container inside Tomcat

I have tried to turn on logging for the JSF 1.2 container inside
Tomcat 6, but haven't been successful. I followed the steps outlined
on Core JavaServer Faces book (p. 634), but the catalina.out file
doesn't contain more traces than when logging is not turned on.

I have copied the logging.properties files from jre/lib to Tomcat conf
directory. I have set java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level=FINEST
and I have added a line at end of file (com.sun.faces.level=FINEST) to
the logging.properties. I have also set CATALINA_OPTS in catalina.sh
to point to the updated logging.properties file in Tomcat conf
directory.

I know the logging.properties file gets loaded because when I changed
the global log level (.level) to FINEST, catalina.out contained not
just INFO level logs but also FINE level logs. However, this logging
is not valuable to me because there is way too much information
(FINEST for all modules). I would like to selectively turn on logging
for JSF.

Martin