Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2006/09/23 13:17:24 UTC

BSF 2.4: the next steps for releasing BSF *this* weekend ...

Hi Sanka,

it seems that that vote went so quickly that the results were almost not
comprehendable ;) ...

Obviously there are two steps you need to undertake as the voted upon
"release manager":

   1. Inform the "Jakarta Project Managemente Comittee List" that a
      release vote was conducted successfully, giving the number of
      "binding" votes (3+) and "non-binding" votes (1+). That e-mail
      needs to be sent to:
          * "Jakarta Project Management Committee List"
            <pr...@jakarta.apache.org>

   2. Create the release version, make it available via the Jakarta
      download-area and announce that fact on the various lists,
      supplying in your release-note the content of the
      "RELEASE-NOTE.txt" file, such that people can learn in a few
      sentences what BSF is and get the link to the homepage of the project.
      Probably the following lists should be addressed:

         1. "Jakarta Project Management Committee List"
            <pr...@jakarta.apache.org>
         2. "Jakarta General List" <ge...@jakarta.apache.org>
         3. "Bean Scripting Framework developers"
            <bsf-dev.jakarta.apache.org>
         4. "Bean Scripting Framework users" <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>

Don't know whether there are any other Apache announcement-lists to be
addressed.

---

In preparation of the release, I will change the release date to
"2006-09-25" in the text files and the version string in the BSFManager
class (the upcoming Monday, such that there is enough time to finish all
necessary steps and can be sure to have the release made available by
Monday).

Would that be o.k.?

Regards

---rony

Re: BSF 2.4: the next steps for releasing BSF *this* weekend ...

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/06, Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi, what's happening with this release, it hasn't happened yet has it?

will do it shortly ..

Is
> there anything I could do to help get it out?

I think there isn't much work other than making the distributions, upload
them to the server .. etc.

I will let you know if I run into any difficulties and some help is needed
..

Best,
Sanka

       ...ant

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi, what's happening with this release, it hasn't happened yet has it? Is
there anything I could do to help get it out?

       ...ant

Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com> on 25/09/2006 05:36:39

Please respond to "Bean Scripting Framework developers"
       <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    Bean Scripting Framework developers <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    Re: BSF 2.4: the next steps for releasing BSF *this* weekend

I'll try to do it today ..

Sanka

Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
> Hi Sanka,
>
> it seems that that vote went so quickly that the results were almost not
> comprehendable ;) ...
>
> Obviously there are two steps you need to undertake as the voted upon
> "release manager":
>
>    1. Inform the "Jakarta Project Managemente Comittee List" that a
>       release vote was conducted successfully, giving the number of
>       "binding" votes (3+) and "non-binding" votes (1+). That e-mail
>       needs to be sent to:
>           * "Jakarta Project Management Committee List"
>             <pr...@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>    2. Create the release version, make it available via the Jakarta
>       download-area and announce that fact on the various lists,
>       supplying in your release-note the content of the
>       "RELEASE-NOTE.txt" file, such that people can learn in a few
>       sentences what BSF is and get the link to the homepage of the
project.
>       Probably the following lists should be addressed:
>
>          1. "Jakarta Project Management Committee List"
>             <pr...@jakarta.apache.org>
>          2. "Jakarta General List" <ge...@jakarta.apache.org>
>          3. "Bean Scripting Framework developers"
>             <bsf-dev.jakarta.apache.org>
>          4. "Bean Scripting Framework users"
<bs...@jakarta.apache.org>

> Don't know whether there are any other Apache announcement-lists to be
> addressed.
>
> ---
>
> In preparation of the release, I will change the release date to
> "2006-09-25" in the text files and the version string in the BSFManager
> class (the upcoming Monday, such that there is enough time to finish all
> necessary steps and can be sure to have the release made available by
> Monday).
>
> Would that be o.k.?
>
> Regards
>
> ---rony

- --

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

I'll try to do it today ..

Sanka

Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
> Hi Sanka,
>
> it seems that that vote went so quickly that the results were almost not
> comprehendable ;) ...
>
> Obviously there are two steps you need to undertake as the voted upon
> "release manager":
>
>    1. Inform the "Jakarta Project Managemente Comittee List" that a
>       release vote was conducted successfully, giving the number of
>       "binding" votes (3+) and "non-binding" votes (1+). That e-mail
>       needs to be sent to:
>           * "Jakarta Project Management Committee List"
>             <pr...@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>    2. Create the release version, make it available via the Jakarta
>       download-area and announce that fact on the various lists,
>       supplying in your release-note the content of the
>       "RELEASE-NOTE.txt" file, such that people can learn in a few
>       sentences what BSF is and get the link to the homepage of the
project.
>       Probably the following lists should be addressed:
>
>          1. "Jakarta Project Management Committee List"
>             <pr...@jakarta.apache.org>
>          2. "Jakarta General List" <ge...@jakarta.apache.org>
>          3. "Bean Scripting Framework developers"
>             <bsf-dev.jakarta.apache.org>
>          4. "Bean Scripting Framework users" <bs...@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> Don't know whether there are any other Apache announcement-lists to be
> addressed.
>
> ---
>
> In preparation of the release, I will change the release date to
> "2006-09-25" in the text files and the version string in the BSFManager
> class (the upcoming Monday, such that there is enough time to finish all
> necessary steps and can be sure to have the release made available by
> Monday).
>
> Would that be o.k.?
>
> Regards
>
> ---rony