Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tizh <ti...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/30 18:28:23 UTC

Is it possible to configure Apache Ignite QueryCursor to be autocloseable in the xml configuration file?

I am writing a program in Golang that connects to local Ignite clusters
through an ODBC driver package written in Go.

During development I began getting this error repeatedly:

I have looked into the source code of the golang ODBC driver I used, which
calls `SQLCloseCursor` promptly when my code calls the function `Close()`. I
have looked at the ODBC conformance specifications of Ignite and noted that
`SQLCloseCursor` is supported, yet somehow cursors are left open after
queries.

I have since attempted to configure the setting for QueryCursor to value
`autocloseable` in the xml file I use for Ignite Configuration when
initiating a cluster. I have used this doc as reference, but I am limited by
my lack of knowledge of Java -
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/index.html. After some
attempts I am not sure whether my syntax is wrong, or this is simply not a
configurable property through the xml configuration file, and that the only
way to tell Ignite to close the cursor is in the code, after queries. Any
insight is appreciated!

Lastly,  here <https://github.com/nombiezinja/ignite-cursor-example>   is a
repository with the chunk of code causing the issue taken out and redacted
to provide further perspective for anyone who may be able to help

Cheers and thank you

Re: Is it possible to configure Apache Ignite QueryCursor to be autocloseable in the xml configuration file?

Posted by tizh <ti...@gmail.com>.
Yes, we decided to look into the go client. Thank you very much for your
help.

Re: Is it possible to configure Apache Ignite QueryCursor to be autocloseable in the xml configuration file?

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
It seems like a bug. I've filed a ticket for it: [1]. I'll try to have
a look at it soon.

By the way, have you tried Go client for Ignite [2]?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8930
[2] - https://github.com/amsokol/ignite-go-client

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Understood. I can not see the error text, though. Can you
insert it as a plain text?

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Are you on Linux or Windows?

Can you try nightly build [1] to check if the issue persist?

[1] -
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/project.html?projectId=Releases_NightlyRelease

Best Regards,
Igor