Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2006/06/30 10:43:58 UTC

Absolute path is not valid

Hello, I facing strange problem with this URI

http://www.curryguidenet.co.uk/restaurants county/london%20south1.htm

As you can see, this URL contains both space and %20, so HTTPClient fails in
both cases (if i consider thus URL as escaped or unescaped). Is it possible to
do something with that?
--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: Absolute path is not valid

Posted by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com>.
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:53:27AM +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hello Eugeny,
>
> > http://www.curryguidenet.co.uk/restaurants county/london%20south1.htm
> >
> > As you can see, this URL contains both space and %20, so HTTPClient
> fails in
> > both cases (if i consider thus URL as escaped or unescaped). Is it
> possible to
> > do something with that?
>
> Yes. Encode the space as %20.
> But do not accidentally encode the % from the existing %20!

Okay, but may be there are some additional cases, whether I need to encode
some symbols? I think space is most common case, but who knows, nobody looks
at standards now, since browsers allows even such URLs to be processed.

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Eugeny,

> http://www.curryguidenet.co.uk/restaurants county/london%20south1.htm
>
> As you can see, this URL contains both space and %20, so HTTPClient
fails in
> both cases (if i consider thus URL as escaped or unescaped). Is it
possible to
> do something with that?

Yes. Encode the space as %20.
But do not accidentally encode the % from the existing %20!

cheers,
  Roland