Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "SHURTLEFF,ROBERT (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ro...@hp.com> on 2002/08/08 18:36:18 UTC

Howto add shared libs to tomcat's classpath?

I added the last line to the classpath section of the tomcat.properties, but
it did not seem to have any affect

# CLASSPATH environment value passed to the JVM
# Syntax: wrapper.classpath=[path] (String)
# Default: NONE (Sun's JDK/JRE already have a default classpath)
# Note: if more than one line is supplied these will be concatenated using
#       ":" or ";" (depending wether Unix or Win32) characters. JVM must be
#       able to find JSDK and JServ classes and any utility classes used by
#       your servlets.
# Note: the classes you want to be automatically reloaded upon modification
#       MUST NOT be in this classpath or the classpath of the shell
#       you start the Apache from.
#
wrapper.classpath=@JSERV_CLASSES@
wrapper.classpath=@JSDK_CLASSES@
wrapper.classpath=@HPMS_CLASSPATH@

We don't want to drop all of the differant applications' jars into
tomcat\lib for numerous reasons.  We want the client software to install
into its normal location and then add those locations to the tomcat
classpath so that the webapps can see them.

Pointers greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Robert Shurtleff
Hewlett-Packard
970-898-7100

RE: Howto add shared libs to tomcat's classpath?

Posted by Andrew <an...@attbi.com>.
What are those numerous reasons?

- Andrew