Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ali Nebi <an...@iguanait.com> on 2007/09/11 16:01:23 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Questions about httpd logging and redirecting requests to be logged in different places

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 09:52 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Ali Nebi <an...@iguanait.com> wrote:
>
> > i want to check all requests for the authentication users, in the
> > example above the user is hpenagos.
> >
> > and all requests from these specify users to be logged in different
> > places.
>
> This could probably be done by using a RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}
> and then a RewriteRule with the E flag to set an env variable.
>
> But I highly recommend forgetting all that and simply post-processing
> your logs to extract what you want. By keeping the logging as simple
> as possible and putting any complications off-line, you'll have a more
> efficient and more reliable server.
>
> Joshua.

Thanks for the answer Joshua.

So this mean that i'm right for "Remote_User" in SetEnvIf dirrective.
Yes, this should be a solution for the problem and it should be work.

The logs format are ok, we need to log in different places the requests
for 4-5 users only, the others should be logged in ssl_access_log file.

The point is to check what these users do and control them.