Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Mithun Radhakrishnan <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/04 20:12:01 UTC

Thrift 0.9-ish

I work on HCatalog (0.2). Recently, we ran into HCat_server running out of memory every few days, and it boiled down to a bug in thrift, (recently fixed).

One sees that the HCat-0.2-branch depends on Hive-0.8, which in turn depends on thrift-0.5.0. Hive-trunk depends on thrift-0.7.0.

I'm afraid I'm not privy to the reasoning behind Hive's dependency on a slightly dated thrift-lib. May I please enquire if Hive can't depend on a more current version? (Does it break the metastore?)

Mithun

Re: Thrift 0.9-ish

Posted by Mithun Radhakrishnan <mi...@yahoo.com>.
X-posting to hcat-dev.