Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Mohit Goel <mo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/05 06:19:38 UTC

Plain Hadoop with Ambari

Hi Team,
My aim is to setup plain vanilla hadoop cluster and use Ambari for the
purpose of hadoop service monitoring. As I browsed through the existing
stack implementations, I found that most of the services extends existing
stack definitions defined in common-services folder. I need to use my
custom versions of different components independent of HortonWorks
repositories. Will it be as simple as creating a new repository and
specifying it in stack ? Will the existing  stack definitions defined in
common-services folder work ?
--

*Mohit GoelComputer EngineeringNIT Kurukshetra*

Re: Plain Hadoop with Ambari

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
It is certainly possible.

For example, contrib/management-packs/odpi-ambari-mpack is used to deploy the ODPi build of hadoop.