Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Richard Snowden <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/26 22:58:25 UTC

JAX-RS Interceptors

Hi there,

from what I understood is that I can use an AbstractPhaseInterceptor for
SOAP and for REST messages.

When doing REST web services, would you advise that I should use
ContainerRequestFilter/ContainerResponseFilter's instead?

Is there an option to set the "phase" when those Filters are triggered?
(like RECEIVE, UNMARSHAL, POST_INVOKE, etc. in an InterceptorChain)?

regards,
Richard

RE: JAX-RS Interceptors

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

The general recommendation is to use ContainerRequestFilter/ContainerResponseFilter's whenever possible, because this keeps your code portable (Container filters are part of JAX-RS spec).

If you really have to use CXF interceptors for JAX-RS, the order for inbound chain will be following:
1) Servlet filters
2) CXF interceptors before UNMARSHAL phase
3) PreMatch Container Request Filter
4) CXF interceptors after UNMARSHAL phase
5) per-method specific Container Request Filters

For outbound chain:
1) CXF interceptors before MARSHAL phase
2) ContainerResponse Filters
3) CXF interceptors after MARSHAL phase

Regards,
Andrei.