Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "C.M. Burns" <mo...@googlemail.com> on 2010/05/07 09:13:37 UTC

Custom rules - escape characters

Hi list,

when creating acustom rule, what characters have to be escaped?

For example this scustom rule
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4630/whitelisting-ip-address-spamassassin
escapes both [ and ] while in common regex on only [ must be escaped
http://www.regular-expressions.info/characters.html

by
SK

Re: [sa] Re: Custom rules - escape characters

Posted by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org>.
On Fri, 7 May 2010, Daniel Lemke wrote:
> Am I seeing ghosts or is this the third time you asked the same question on
> this list? Your first mail was already replied so I suggest you have a look
> there to get your answers.
>
> Daniel

Oh, good, it's not my mail server acting up again! (smile)

To OP: Spamassassin uses perl regular expressions - man perlre

- C

Re: Custom rules - escape characters

Posted by Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>.

C.M. Burns wrote:

> Hm, I have not received any mails related to my post and even more have
> received errors from the listserver with request to "try again later"
> while sending my message.
> I will try to find any related posts in the archives.
> sorry if I annoyed anyone.
>
> SK

Try this:
http://old.nabble.com/custom-rules---escape-which-characters--tt28469892.html