Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "kowalski73 Gazeta.pl" <ko...@gazeta.pl> on 2012/05/08 16:36:54 UTC

How enable dbfile for James 3.0

Helo!

In James 2.x dbfile inclusion was very simple, but unfortunately I do not
know how to do it in version 3.0.

How can I enable the dbfile for 3.0. I have read all the documentation and
did not find such information. I configured James to work with mysql and it
works fine but still, all emails are saved in the database (not to disk).

In desperation, began to study the source code ... Unfortunately I have not
found a solution.

Regards

Re: How enable dbfile for James 3.0

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
ehlo :-)

We try to explain the difference between 'Mailbox' and 'Mail Repository
Store' on [1].

The dbfile you knew in 2.3 is still in 3.0, but not to store the
end-user emails (well for spam,... not accessible via the user mailbox).

To have your mails on file, you need to configure mailbox.conf with
'maildir (see [2], but you need linux, it will not work on windows).

Thx,
Eric

[1] http://james.apache.org/server/3/feature-persistence.html
[2] http://james.apache.org/server/3/config-mailbox.html