Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2002/11/24 21:55:04 UTC

Input filter for Xerces?

I'm interested in attaching an input filter to Xerces-C, to be able to
include original source code line-by-line in an XML validation report.

I can do it by writing a new NetAccessor.  But given the multiplicity
of netaccessor options, I'd prefer to attach it elsewhere, where it
will work with any supported netaccessor.  XMLReader looks promising,
but seems to involve hacking deeply into the core, with the danger that
my code will be no use to anyone else and will serve to break
compatibility with future releases.

Any thoughts?  If I were, for example, to hack XMLReader to offer
a generic filter hook[1], then attach my own filter to that, is it
likely to be of sufficient interest to feed back into CVS?

[1] Assuming I can do it reasonably cleanly, which is a big "if".

--
Nick Kew