Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/02/06 22:50:26 UTC

[VOTE] Import Fauxton

Hey everybody,

Fauxton, the reimplementation of Futon is coming along nicely and
we’d like to wrap it into the CouchDB source tree, so we can start
shipping a developer preview soon. And also to consolidate codebases
and issue tracking and all that sort of stuff.

As part of that we as dev@couchdb.apache.org need to vote on whether
we like to import the suggested codebase.

All details should be on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1664

If you have any questions, please speak up.

You can vote with a +1 (yay!), 0 (meh) or -1 (do not want).

Everybody’s vote is going to count. Let’s make this a spectacular one! :)

Here’s mine:

+1

Best
Jan

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Ryan Ramage <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1.4

Not a valid vote :-P

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Ryan Ramage <ry...@gmail.com>.
+1.4

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Norman Barker <no...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Michael Wallace <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Russell Branca <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Garren Smith <gs...@redcometlabs.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
+1

On 6 February 2013 21:50, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> Fauxton, the reimplementation of Futon is coming along nicely and
> we’d like to wrap it into the CouchDB source tree, so we can start
> shipping a developer preview soon. And also to consolidate codebases
> and issue tracking and all that sort of stuff.
>
> As part of that we as dev@couchdb.apache.org need to vote on whether
> we like to import the suggested codebase.
>
> All details should be on
>
> If you have any questions, please speak up.
>
> You can vote with a +1 (yay!), 0 (meh) or -1 (do not want).
>
> Everybody’s vote is going to count. Let’s make this a spectacular one! :)
>
> Here’s mine:
>
> +1
>
> Best
> Jan

NS

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Bob Dionne <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Martin Hewitt <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me, very excited about this indeed.

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
Hi,
It's a complete rewrite using Backbone and Bootstrap. Attached are a few screen grabs, it should be easy to set up on your own CouchDB instance - you can grab the code as now from https://github.com/cloudant-labs/couchdb/tree/fauxton/src/fauxton

Be great to have your input!
Cheers
Simon

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Alexander Uvarov <al...@gmail.com>.
Are there any screenshots or demo? Is it completely rewritten or just an evolution with some new features?

FYI I am working on Ember.js rewrite of Futon. Just decided to make something useful while learning framework.
It's Ember.js application including Bootstrap css with FontAwesome icons and Ajax.org Ace editor for documents and views.

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by lenz <no...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@posteo.de>.
+1

Re: [RESULT] Import Fauxton

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
w00p!

[RESULT] Import Fauxton

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Unanimous acceptance! :D

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Hans J Schroeder <hs...@cloudno.de>.

> Hey everybody,
>
> Fauxton, the reimplementation of Futon is coming along nicely and
> we’d like to wrap it into the CouchDB source tree, so we can start
> shipping a developer preview soon. And also to consolidate codebases
> and issue tracking and all that sort of stuff.
>
> As part of that we as dev@couchdb.apache.org need to vote on whether
> we like to import the suggested codebase.
>
> All details should be on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1664
>
> If you have any questions, please speak up.
>
> You can vote with a +1 (yay!), 0 (meh) or -1 (do not want).
>
> Everybody’s vote is going to count. Let’s make this a spectacular one! :)
>
> Here’s mine:
>
> +1
>
> Best
> Jan
> --

+1

- Hans

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
+1

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> Fauxton, the reimplementation of Futon is coming along nicely and
> we’d like to wrap it into the CouchDB source tree, so we can start
> shipping a developer preview soon. And also to consolidate codebases
> and issue tracking and all that sort of stuff.
>
> As part of that we as dev@couchdb.apache.org need to vote on whether
> we like to import the suggested codebase.
>
> All details should be on
>
> If you have any questions, please speak up.
>
> You can vote with a +1 (yay!), 0 (meh) or -1 (do not want).
>
> Everybody’s vote is going to count. Let’s make this a spectacular one! :)
>
> Here’s mine:
>
> +1
>
> Best
> Jan

Iris Couch

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by "Johannes J. Schmidt" <sc...@netzmerk.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Wendall Cada <we...@83864.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Import Fauxton

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 6 February 2013 22:50, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> Fauxton, the reimplementation of Futon is coming along nicely and
> we’d like to wrap it into the CouchDB source tree, so we can start
> shipping a developer preview soon. And also to consolidate codebases
> and issue tracking and all that sort of stuff.
>
> As part of that we as dev@couchdb.apache.org need to vote on whether
> we like to import the suggested codebase.
>
> All details should be on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1664
>
> If you have any questions, please speak up.
>
> You can vote with a +1 (yay!), 0 (meh) or -1 (do not want).
>
> Everybody’s vote is going to count. Let’s make this a spectacular one! :)

+1

I am so pleased to see everybody working on this!

A+
Dave