Posted to user@struts.apache.org by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/11 13:31:30 UTC

Re: I have a form spread over several pages. The user fills out each section in progression. I am using a dispatch action and each page calls the same function i.e. processForm. I want struts to validate each submission but I cannot change the input page

Kataria, Satish wrote:
> Hi,
> Instead of having a single function what I would suggest in ur case is a
> session scoped action form
> And each page having same actionform but different action mapping. Thus
> using this you can specify approiate page as the input page.
> For code examples refer to struts documentation of using action scopped
> action form.
> Please revert in case of any problems.
>
> Thanks,
> Satish Kataria

I am interested in this too, but do not understand the suggestion. Are
you saying that if you have a 10-page input process you should define 10
separate actions? Is there no way to dynamically change the input page
in struts?

thanks