Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erick Todd <er...@coloradosprings.com> on 2002/09/18 19:12:19 UTC

Include symbolic links, sorry to ask again, but I AM FREAKING OUT!!!

OK sorry for asking this again.  I have read this in the bug reports
that it will not be fixed.

Is there a work around??

I have 8-10 sites, that are all unique webapps, but one thing they do
include a standard header and footer across all the different webapps.
This header and footer does do jsp code, so I need an include and cannot
just read them to the page.

So I have a folder called csinc that has the header and footer in it.
In each different domain doc-root, I have a symbolic link that points to
the real one, so that the program can include off of it.

I have tried doing apache aliasing of the directory, making the
directory another context path and setting crossContext="true".

Nothing seems to work.  Of course this all works in 4.0.4.  Just 4.1.10
has a problem.

PLEASE HELP!!!  I am really frustrated.  Why would this be taken out,
without notice between the versions, and no work around be presented!!
ARGHH!!

Anyway if you can help that would be great.  I want to use the newest
version, especially with the jasper 2 compiler.  But I won't if I can't
get this to work.  What a shame.

-Erick