Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/05/23 13:24:13 UTC

Missing feature in new Ant integration

Hi Chris,

I'm currently porting the Cactus Maven plugin to use the new Cactus/Ant
integration. However, I have one issue... In the previous version of the
Ant integration there was the possibility of choosing 2 test runners:
text one or swingui one. Currently, only the text runner is supported...

We have several solutions:

1/ add a <runner> tag in the <cactus> task
2/ create a new <cactus-swing> task

What do you think?
Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Missing feature in new Ant integration

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Ant
> test-runner (on purpose).
>
> I'd also not like to add another task for every possible JUnit runner
(why
> stop at the Swing runner? What if I want to use my own fictive
SWT-base
> runner?).
>
> However, one way to support this would be using the good'ole
> <runservertests> task. We could rather easily add support for nested
> <containerset>/containers so that the container start/stop logic could
be
> reused. Then you could specify exactly *how* the tests are run in your
own
> test target.
>
> What do you think?

+1

Having a generic runservertests that does everything except running the
tests (or whatever the user wish to do after the container is started)
would be great.

What about deployment? Would that be left to the user to do or is it
part of the <container> feature?

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.