Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "P M, SRIHARIKUMAR (Consultant)" <vx...@subaru.com.INVALID> on 2023/04/05 11:04:05 UTC

Apache Tomcat 10.0.26 Shortcut issue in our environment - Need Help

Hi Team,

While validating source for Apache Tomcat 10.0.26, The shortcut is throwing error while launching. Please find the results below

Tomcat Version : 10.0.26

Operating system : Windows 10

Dependency : JAVA SDK 11 is installed.

Error : " The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have appropriate Permission".

Method tried but still could not make shortcut work:

  1.  Searched in Google and tried removing shortcut and created manually.
  2.  Rebooted the system and checked.
  3.  Started the Tomcat Service Manually and checked.
  4.  Provided Permission to the Shortcut pointing exe and tried.
  5.  Tried more than 5 Machines to make sure if its due to any machine related issue.

  1.  Error while launching Configure Tomcat Shortcut.

[cid:image003.png@01D967D6.F9D4DEC0]

  1.  Error while launching Monitor Tomcat Shortcut.

[cid:image005.png@01D967D6.F9D4DEC0]

  1.  Error while launching Tomcat Manager Shortcut.

[cid:image002.png@01D961AE.E6EFCFA0]

Thanks & Regards
Sriharikumar PM

Re: Apache Tomcat 10.0.26 Shortcut issue in our environment - Need Help

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.

> On Apr 5, 2023, at 5:04 AM, P M, SRIHARIKUMAR (Consultant) <vx...@subaru.com.invalid> wrote:
>

> Hi Team,
>
> While validating source for Apache Tomcat 10.0.26, The shortcut is throwing error while launching. Please find the results below
>
> Tomcat Version : 10.0.26
>
> Operating system : Windows 10
>
> Dependency : JAVA SDK 11 is installed.
>
> Error : “ The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have appropriate Permission”.
>
> Method tried but still could not make shortcut work:
>
> Searched in Google and tried removing shortcut and created manually.
> Rebooted the system and checked.
> Started the Tomcat Service Manually and checked.
> Provided Permission to the Shortcut pointing exe and tried.
> Tried more than 5 Machines to make sure if its due to any machine related issue.
>
> Error while launching Configure Tomcat Shortcut.

Pictures don’t work on this list. Get the text (as text)

Posted by Kevin Huntly <km...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sriharikumar,

It looks like the images were stripped from the email... When you have a
chance, can you run the following on the Tomcat executable:

Open Powershell
Navigate to the Tomcat installation directory
Run the following:
  - Get-Acl tomcat.exe

Re: [OT] Apache Tomcat 10.0.26 Shortcut issue in our environment - Need Help

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Sriharikumar,

End of life: https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.0-eol.html

> Operating system : Windows 10
I was sure this was EOL as well, but it's not. Microsoft just pretends
it doesn't exist anymore ;)

> Dependency : JAVA SDK 11 is installed.
>
> *Error :*“ The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You
> may not have appropriate Permission”.
>
> Method tried but still could not make shortcut work:
>
>  1. Searched in Google and tried removing shortcut and created manually.
>  2. Rebooted the system and checked.
>  3. Started the Tomcat Service Manually and checked.

Does this work?

>  4. Provided Permission to the Shortcut pointing exe and tried.
>  5. Tried more than 5 Machines to make sure if its due to any machine
>     related issue.
>
>  1. Error while launching Configure Tomcat Shortcut.
>
>  2. Error while launching Monitor Tomcat Shortcut.
>
>  3. Error while launching Tomcat Manager Shortcut.

Do you need to use a shortcut? What happens if you point your service
directly at the binary?

-chris