Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Norman Zhang <nz...@arkon-group.com> on 2003/05/09 01:53:12 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 and ssl

Hi,

I just upgraded to apache2 from apache1.3. I copied the ssl config files
from 1.3 to 2.0. But I get the following error message when trying to start
apache2.

Starting httpd2: (98) Address alrady in use: mask_sock: could not bind to
address 0.0.0.0:443
no listening socket available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

Would someone please kindly tell what options I need to change?

Regards,
Norman

mod_ssl.conf
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
Listen mysite:443
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl .crl
#SSLSessionCache none
#SSLSessionCache dbm:logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCache shm:logs/ssl_scache(512000)
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
#SSLLog logs/ssl_engine_log
#SSlLogLevel info
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
LogLevel info
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost mysite.ip.address:443>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/support
ServerName mysite.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@mysite.com
ErrorLog logs/ssl-error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl-access_log
<Directory /var/www/html/support>
AllowOverride None
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/support.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/supportunsecure.key
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl/ca.crt
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
"%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
RewriteEngine On
RewriteOptions inherit
</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 and ssl

Posted by Norman Zhang <nz...@arkon-group.com>.
Sorry for all the noise. I have found the proper config.

Thanks,
Norman

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 8 May 2003, Norman Zhang wrote:
> I just upgraded to apache2 from apache1.3. I copied the ssl config files
> from 1.3 to 2.0. But I get the following error message when trying to start
> apache2.
>
> Starting httpd2: (98) Address alrady in use: mask_sock: could not bind to
> address 0.0.0.0:443
> no listening socket available, shutting down
> Unable to open logs
>
> Would someone please kindly tell what options I need to change?

You still have a webserver running on port 443.  You can't run two
webservers on the same port and ip address at the same time.

Joshua.