Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2003/05/30 13:38:28 UTC

FW: Apache 2.0.46 Download

Folks,
    I'm getting _TONS_ of those, can I please ask you kindly to wait at
least 24 hours between copying files onto www.apache.org/dist/httpd and
announcing it to people? Nagoya is rsyncing every six hours, but even then a
lot of people are complaining because the files can't be downloaded.

    Pier

------ End of Forwarded Message

Re: FW: Apache 2.0.46 Download

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 30 May 2003, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>     I'm getting _TONS_ of those, can I please ask you kindly to wait at
> least 24 hours between copying files onto www.apache.org/dist/httpd and
> announcing it to people? Nagoya is rsyncing every six hours, but even then a
> lot of people are complaining because the files can't be downloaded.

I'm sorry!!!  I botched the link on the
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi.

It's fixed now.

--Cliff

Re: FW: Apache 2.0.46 Download

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Friday, May 30, 2003 1:56 PM +0200 André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:

> * Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>>     I'm getting _TONS_ of those, can I please ask you kindly to wait at
>> least 24 hours between copying files onto www.apache.org/dist/httpd and
>> announcing it to people? Nagoya is rsyncing every six hours, but even then a
>> lot of people are complaining because the files can't be downloaded.
>
> IIRC there *were* more than 24 hours between.

Not quite.  The final tarballs and Win32 binaries were in place by roughly
12am Pacific time.  The announcement went out about 9:30am Pacific time the
next morning.  So, there were roughly 9 1/2 hours for the mirrors to sync up
before it was made public.  Furthermore, this also covers the window when we
explicitly ask for mirrors to sync (midnight to 4am Pacific time).

Before we sent the announcement, we manually verified that the majority of the
mirrors had the releases.  So, I would suggest that you ensure that nagoya
really is syncing every six hours - I suspect it isn't.  -- justin

Re: FW: Apache 2.0.46 Download

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>     I'm getting _TONS_ of those, can I please ask you kindly to wait at
> least 24 hours between copying files onto www.apache.org/dist/httpd and
> announcing it to people? Nagoya is rsyncing every six hours, but even then a
> lot of people are complaining because the files can't be downloaded.

IIRC there *were* more than 24 hours between.

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://www.perlig.de  #