Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rich Mayfield <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 17:28:29 UTC

Re: Collection - loadOnStartup

I was actually going to try orchestrating SolrCloud restart myself using
loadOnStartup="false".

Did you pursue this any further?

With Solr 4.7.1...

I found that using core LOAD, RELOAD, and CREATE do not take a "down"
replica to "active". What I've found so far is that I can startup a
collection if I hit each replica with a "select". The first replica that
receives a "select" hangs; concurrently I hit the 2nd replica (of 2) with a
"select". The collection then comes up.