Posted to users@maven.apache.org by yerra babji <yb...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 11:07:42 UTC

Unable to generate html report for maven-findbugs plugin

Hi,

    I am trying to create a findbugs report using mvn site. I pasted my
pom.xml entry at the bottom. When I try to execute mvn site, it is giving
the following two lines and after completing the command execution, i am
unable to see any report generated for findbugs.

[INFO] configuring report plugin
org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin:2.3.2
[INFO] *canGenerate is false*

I guess issue is because of this canGenerate. how to make this value to
true?

Can any one please help to generate the findbugs report.  I am using Maven
3.0.3.

<project>
<build>
         <plugins>
           <plugin>
              <version>3.0-beta-2</version>
              <configuration>
               <reportPlugins>
                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.3.2</version>
                    <configuration>
                         <formats>
                            <format>xml</format>
                            <format>html</format>
                         </formats>
                        <canGenerate>true</canGenerate>
                     </configuration>
                </plugin>
                   <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-jxr-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.1</version>
                    <configuration>
                      <aggregate>true</aggregate>
                    </configuration>
                  </plugin>
                  <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.6</version>
                  </plugin>
                  <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.4</version>
                    <configuration>
                      <formats>
                        <format>xml</format>
                        <format>html</format>
                      </formats>
                    </configuration>
                  </plugin>
                  <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.6</version>
                  </plugin>
                </reportPlugins>
              </configuration>
            </plugin>
          </plugins>
        </build>
- - - - -
</project>

Thanks,
Babji

RE: Unable to generate html report for maven-findbugs plugin

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@codehaus.org>.
This is a plugin developed by the Codehaus mojo team[1], not by the Maven team.

So their mailinglist[2] would be a better place to ask this question.
Executing Maven with an additional -X will give you debug-logs, which might show the problem.
The code you're hitting is [3]. Do you have .class files?

-Robert

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/
[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/mail-lists.html
[3] https://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/mojo/tags/findbugs-maven-plugin-2.3.2/src/main/groovy/org/codehaus/mojo/findbugs/FindBugsMojo.groovy?r=13762#to450

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Hi,

*) if you want to generate the findbugs report via the site plugin, the
configuration should go into the reporting, not build section of the pom

*) AFAICS neither <formats> nor <canGenerate> are listed as supported
configuration options of the findbugs plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/2.3.2/findbugs-mojo.html

*) the message 'canGenerate is false' probably means that there are no
class files to analyse, make sure your project sources are compiled
before you run the report

HTH,
-Lukas