Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by hm...@tsmc.com on 2011/07/28 05:39:10 UTC

Reading Performance

  Hi,
  There are 500 concurrent clients request which trying to fetch data from
HBASE through our 10 application servers.
  These requests will be equally dispatched to 10 application servers.
  In my application server, I am using HBASE java API to fetch hbase data
by scan key and secindary index.
  It took about 60 seconds if only one request.
  Increasing to over 1000 seconds, while 500 concurrent request coming.
  Requests in a application server are all sharing a HBASE configure and a
HTable instance for each table.
  It seems no use after I increased my region server to 20.
  Any suggestions?
  Thank you very much

  >Our cluster with 20 machines(1U server, 4 cores, 12G RAM)
  >Hadoop             20 machines
  >Zookeeper           3
  >RegionServer       10
  >Hadoop version     hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u0
  >HBase version      hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
Ext: 707-2260
Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!
                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended
 please notify the sender by
 immediately. Thank you.

Re: Reading Performance

Posted by seven garfee <ga...@gmail.com>.
I think you'd better test your cluster  independently without application
server.
And Get the performance of the hbase cluster.
Be sure your cluster is running gracefully first.
Then check if something  is wrong on application servers.

在 2011年7月28日 上午11:39, <hm...@tsmc.com>写道: