Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Ryan L. Sun" <li...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/06 23:27:45 UTC

Disable network test in SA

Hi, all

I am trying disable network test (RBL, SBL etc) in SA.
In my "user_prefs" file, I have:

# Enable or disable network checks
skip_rbl_checks         1
use_razor2              0
use_dcc                 0
use_pyzor               0

When i test, I found that SA still use the score set 1 to calculate
the total score. Score set 1 is "Bayes is disabled, but network tests
are enabled". I did disable bayes, but why network test disabling
doesn't work?

Thanks.
-Ryan

Re: Disable network test in SA

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:33:09PM -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> >When i test, I found that SA still use the score set 1 to calculate
> >the total score. Score set 1 is "Bayes is disabled, but network tests
> >are enabled". I did disable bayes, but why network test disabling
> >doesn't work?
> Try using this setting to kill off the rest of the DNS based tests:
>      dns_available no

The only way to disable network checks (and go from set1 to set0) is to run
spamassassin/spamd with -L.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
I'll never forget good ol' what's-his-name.

Re: Disable network test in SA

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Ryan L. Sun wrote:

>Hi, all
>
>I am trying disable network test (RBL, SBL etc) in SA.
>In my "user_prefs" file, I have:
>
># Enable or disable network checks
>skip_rbl_checks         1
>use_razor2              0
>use_dcc                 0
>use_pyzor               0
>
>When i test, I found that SA still use the score set 1 to calculate
>the total score. Score set 1 is "Bayes is disabled, but network tests
>are enabled". I did disable bayes, but why network test disabling
>doesn't work?

You've only disabled MOST of the network checks. There are two that you
missed. The MX check, and the URIBLs (if you've got support for URIBLs
they hare handled separately than the RBLs)