Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Pengcheng Xiong <px...@apache.org> on 2016/04/07 22:57:42 UTC

Recent security interface changes in Apache Hive

Hello Apache Sentry Community,

    Recently we made some changes to the security interface which may
affect Apache Sentry. The major change is to move userIpAddress from
HiveAuthzContext to HiveAuthenticationProvider. The main reason is to put
the "getUserName" and "getUserIpAddress" together in
HiveAuthenticationProvider.java. This request was initiated by Apache
Ranger community.

    Could you please kindly comment on HIVE-13360 if you do not agree? We
 can then change it back.

Best
Pengcheng

Re: Recent security interface changes in Apache Hive

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Pengcheng Xiong,

Thanks a lot for letting us know! The changes should be fine with us.

Best,
Hao