Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com> on 2009/03/26 12:46:39 UTC

1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Hi,

I am currently migrating from archiva 1.1.3 to archiva 1.2.0... and I
want to switch to an ldap authentication (I'am bored of copying user
databases...)

I'have found many threads about ldap and archiva : security.properties,
redback ldap config page (1)... but I have not found how to connect to a
ldaps directory?
I have defined the ldap.config.port (636) but i did not found how to
says to use ssl

> On 5 Aug, 2008, at 8:38 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> >
> >  I'm not sure ldap docs on redback site are up-to-date
> >>
> >> Chris, do you use LDAP or LDAPS?
> >> LDAPS isn't supported for the moment
> >>
> >> Emmanuel

It seems to me that redback still can't handle SSL for ldap... Did I
have to wait for another archiva/redback release? or stick with my user
database (I don't want to store the users in a sql db, they are already
in ldap...)

1 : http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html  and
http://redback.codehaus.org/integration/ldap.html

Thx,

--
Julien Graglia
NetCeler

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>wrote:

> Le vendredi 27 mars 2009 à 10:34 +0100, Emmanuel Venisse a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for your test.
> > You have two things to modify in your security.properties.
> >
> > 1- Add security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false
> > 2- Remove  ldap.user.store.enabled=true because it isn't use by Redback,
> > I'll remove it in config-defaults.properties
> >
> > With these modifications, all should be ok.
> Yes everything is working fine!
>

> > Do you use a truststore like dscribed in [1] or only the conf described
> in
> > your mail?
> Yes I'am a using a trustore and a self signed certificate.

So you use some truststore properties to start your app server? Can you add
it too in the documentation?

> > Can you provide a patch for the LDAP documentation page?
> Yes I can, which page?

http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback-site/trunk/src/site/apt/integration/ldap.apt
I'll patch the Continuum page when Continuum will use latest Redback

I don't think Archiva have a LDAP page.

Thanks for your help.

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Posted by Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>.

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for your test.
You have two things to modify in your security.properties.

1- Add security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false
2- Remove  ldap.user.store.enabled=true because it isn't use by Redback,
I'll remove it in config-defaults.properties

With these modifications, all should be ok. If it is, Add a comment on the
redback issue and I'll close it.

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Posted by Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>.

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Posted by Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>.
redback 1.3-SNAPSHOT is ok for ldap and ssl !! great!!

See redback jira isssue 215

co redback
mvn install
then copy redback jars in ${archiva.home}/apps/archiva/WEB-INF/lib
   only redback jars already in v 1.2 !!

Here is my ldap config in security.properties

user.manager.impl=ldap
ldap.user.store.enabled=true
ldap.bind.authenticator.enabled=true

ldap.config.hostname=xxxxxxx
ldap.config.port=636
ldap.config.ssl=true
ldap.config.base.dn=dc=netceler,dc=com
ldap.config.bind.dn=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,dc=netceler,dc=com
ldap.config.password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ldap.config.context.factory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory

#OpenLdap use uid,not cn attribute
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.id=uid

# NPE occur because Ldapuser don't have an pwd expiration date (null)
# and archiva want to display that date.. so disabling that
# functionnnality.No need for that in archiva, I already handle
# expiration date in ldap server
security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false

Thx Emmanuel!

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.2.0 and ldap and SSL