Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniel Amadei <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 02:24:52 UTC

binding select value to a Java 5 enum

Hi All,

I`m trying to bind the value of a select to an enum but I`m getting
the following error:

Invalid field value for field

Does anybody knows how can I set the value to be the enum type?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: binding select value to a Java 5 enum

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
That's a known limitation of the s:select tag, which only works with
string-valued properties. The most straight-forward workaround is to set
value, as in:

   <s:select name="property1" value="property1.toString()"/>

L.

Posted by Daniel Amadei <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave/All,

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Daniel Amadei <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Per my message above I was able to set value for an Enum which is a
property of my action using a converter as in the showcase example,
but I was not able to set the enum to a nested, when the enum never
gets called.

My structure is similar to:

person.gender (where gender is an enum)

My conversion file is like this:

person.gender=mypackage.EnumConverter
Element_person.gender=mypackage.Gender

This way, the property person.gender is always null. Can somebody help me?

Thanks,
Daniel