Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2017/07/27 18:20:01 UTC

Sentry wiki updates

What is the established process for updating Sentry wiki? Do we just give
permissions to people to do that or there is some kind of review process?

How was it handled so far?

- Alex

Re: Sentry wiki updates

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
I don't know the Sentry process, but in the Hive project we do give access
to any contributor that would like to write documentation for the project.
Contributors do not need to be committers in Hive as how can you become a
committer as a contributor if you do not code?

Anyway, as long as the new contributor requests access permission by email,
then the PMC adds them, and they can modify the Wiki.

We could do that in Sentry as well to allow other contributors to edit the
Wiki as there is no way to create patches for it, or is it?

- Sergio