Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Michael DeHaan <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 14:08:25 UTC

PHP bindings for Qpid?

Hi list,

I'm curious if anyone has any existing/working PHP bindings for qpid?

I have found http://code.google.com/p/php-amqplib/ which works
sufficiently well with RabbitMQ, though apparently it does not play
work (so I'm told) with qpid.
Perhaps minor differences in implementation of the protocol are at
issue?  (Or, if someone has had success here, can you share?)

I'm well aware of the existing Ruby/Python/C bindings which work
great... and am hoping I don't have to develop my own for the PHP
side, on top of the C client
libraries.

Thanks!

--Michael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: PHP bindings for Qpid?

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

It's best if you could subscribed to the user-list.
If not somebody would need to approve your emails on to the list.

Regards,

Rajith

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Michael DeHaan
> <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm curious if anyone has any existing/working PHP bindings for qpid?
>
> I am afraid we don't have any PHP bindings at the moment.
>
>> I have found http://code.google.com/p/php-amqplib/ which works
>> sufficiently well with RabbitMQ, though apparently it does not play
>> work (so I'm told) with qpid.
>> Perhaps minor differences in implementation of the protocol are at
>> issue?  (Or, if someone has had success here, can you share?)
>
> It will not work with the c++ broker as it supports only the 0-10
> version of the protocol.
> However it should work reasonably well with the Java broker as it
> supports 0-8,0-9 and 0-10 versions of the protocol.
>
>> I'm well aware of the existing Ruby/Python/C bindings which work
>> great... and am hoping I don't have to develop my own for the PHP
>> side, on top of the C client
>> libraries.
>
> Sadly we don't have a portable C client yet.
> There is talk about a protocol engine written in C.
> If that happens we could potentially support more clients than we have
> today using something like swig.
>
> Rajith
>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Michael