Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/04/13 14:47:17 UTC

Re: Testing Fulcrum components

Daniel:

I have located the problem.  Under Maven RC2 the content of the
generated jar manifest has changed and now sets the Specification
Version to the same value as the Implementation Version (which is really
strange).  An even bigger problem here is that a valid Specification
Version *must* be a dewey decimal (implementation versions may be
strings) but the jar plugin is not validating the value it is assigning.

This issue has already been resolved in the version 1.2 dev of the
avalon-util-extension package which will be included in the upcoming
merlin 3.3.0 release.  In the meantime - the solution is to set you
project versions to dewey decimals.

Cheers, Stephen.