Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/18 23:19:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release TIKA 0.2 based on RC1

Hi,

Please find the artifacts for voting on under the following location:
http://people.apache.org/~dmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/

I have included a repository here:
http://people.apache.org/~dmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/repos/

The tag can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/tika/tags/0.2-rc1/

As the site is auto-generated from trunk I did not think this required to be
included, however if it does let me know any I will put this up.

Thanks in advance to all who can take the time to check and vote on this
release.

Regards,
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release TIKA 0.2 based on RC1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please find the artifacts for voting on under the following location:
> http://people.apache.org/~dmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/

+1 to releasing this as Tika 0.2

PS. How does this work in Lucene? Do we need three +1s from the PMC
for the release to be official? Should we ping general@lucene.a.o
about the release vote?

PPS. For the email record, the MD5 checksum of the release package is:

    b3eff2fbb222965f23c99c2a29482656  tika-0.2-src.jar

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release TIKA 0.2 based on RC1

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

one minor comment: the README.txt still lists the old,
incubator Tika URL in various places.

Other than that, everything's fine (checked signature,
ran build and tests).

--Thilo

Posted by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

2008/11/20 Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please find the artifacts for voting on under the following location:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/>
>
> Good stuff! This is your first Apache release? I couldn't tell.

Thanks, I think it is done to some good guidance ;-)

> Just one issue before I vote +1, your sha1 checksum seems to be wrong.
> I get 92ac4592e1c65fddb5e9c64169e596bcb29502a8. The MD5 sum and the
> PGP signature both match.

Yes, on reviewing my steps it is because I missed the 1 from sha1 in my
command so it was just a sha hash. I have updated this now.

> PS. It would be nice to get your key included in the Apache web of
> trust. Are there any Apache people living near to you?

No one that I know, however there are three other people in Scotland shown
on the ASF Committer Map [1] a couple of hours drive away. Could try and
arrange to meet up with them.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] http://people.apache.org/map.html

Re: [VOTE] Release TIKA 0.2 based on RC1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,