Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 10:49:56 UTC

UI translation for 4.6

Milamber reminded me that before releasing 4.6 we should include the latest translated strings for the UI.
If you care about translation, you might be interested to work on it in the coming days.

Here is where we stand:

Portuguese (Brazil)             100%
French (France)                 100%

Japanese (Japan)                99%
Hungarian                       98%
Chinese (China)                 93%
Dutch (Netherlands)             89%
Russian (Russia)                75%
German (Germany)                71%
Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)       70%
Korean (Korea)                  66%
Spanish                         53%

Italian (Italy)                 36%
Polish                          21%
Catalan                         13%
Arabic                          12%
Persian                         11%
Romanian (Romania)              9%
Chinese (Taiwan)                7%
Georgian                        5%
Thai (Thailand)                 5%
Turkish (Turkey)                2%
Tatar                           2%
Indonesian                      1%

you can see that Japanese, Hungarian, Chinese and Dutch are really close to 100%:

https://www.transifex.com/ke4qqq/CloudStack_UI/

-sebastien

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Thanks Go.
I will get the localization strings from Transifex to a new PR (for all
languages) on master, but only in a couple of days, because I'm waiting
for others languages completion.

In all cases, I will made a PR just before the first RC of 4.6 (arround
24h before after Remi ping me)

Thanks again.

Milamber

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
sebastien and Dutch users,

I have translated some strings. I think we need to review each other on
this as sometimes a translation holds the middle ground between ridiculous
and over the top when done from english to dutch. I would like to translate
everything (185 strings to go).

--
Daan

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
sebastien and Dutch users,

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Go Chiba <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Last call to the translators before localization resources integration
into the CS 4.6 release candidate. The last update of resource files is
planned to Sunday afternoon(tomorrow).

Currently we have 6 languages fully translated, only 19 strings to
translate for Hungarian, only 27 strings for German to reach 8 languages!

Link to translate on Transifex:
https://www.transifex.com/ke4qqq/CloudStack_UI/46xmessagesproperties/

Thanks

Milamber

On 23/10/2015 22:39, Milamber wrote:
> [...]
>
> Currently we focus on the 4.6 resources strings for make the next
> version of CloudStack a great localized version. You can can translate
> too the other versions (especially 4.5) because a minor update is
> planned (4.5.3)).
>
> Regularly or after a ping me, I launch the process [2] to update the
> L10N resources files on the source code of CloudStack.
>
> Currently for the next version 4.6, if you are a dev, you can apply
> this pull request [3] on a local git branch from master branch and
> launch the web UI to check the localization web UI.
>
> Below, the complete list of current languages opened to the
> translation. If your languages isn't in the list, you can ask on
> Transifex to open it.
>
> All languages and translators are welcome!
>
> Milamber
>
> [1] https://www.transifex.com/ke4qqq/CloudStack_UI/
> [2]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Update+L10N+files+from+Transifex+to+git+repo
> [3] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/974
>
> The full list:
>
> Acoli (ach)
> Arabic (ar)
> Catalan (ca)
> Chinese (China) (zh_CN)
> Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW)
> Dutch (Belgium) (nl_BE)
> Dutch (Netherlands) (nl_NL)
> Dutch (nl)
> French (fr)
> French (France) (fr_FR)
> Georgian (ka)
> German (de)
> German (Germany) (de_DE)
> Hindi (hi)
> Hungarian (hu)
> Indonesian (id)
> Indonesian (Indonesia) (id_ID)
> Italian (it)
> Italian (Italy) (it_IT)
> Japanese (Japan) (ja_JP)
> Korean (Korea) (ko_KR)
> Norwegian Bokmål (Norway) (nb_NO)
> Persian (fa)
> Polish (pl)
> Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR)
> Romanian (Romania) (ro_RO)
> Russian (Russia) (ru_RU)
> Spanish (es)
> Tatar (tt)
> Telugu (India) (te_IN)
> Thai (Thailand) (th_TH)
> Turkish (Turkey) (tr_TR)
> Vietnamese (Viet Nam) (vi_VN)
>

> On 23/10/2015 21:54, Stavros Konstantaras wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Maybe I could start a Greek translation as well.
>>
>> Just send me the “how to”.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stavros Konstantaras
>>
>> ----------------------------
>> Stavros Konstantaras
>> Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
>> University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH
>>
>> Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A
>>
>>> On 23 Oct 2015, at 22:49, Jaime Orlando Rojas Sanchez
>>> <ja...@kumo.com.co> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, I can help with Spanish translations. Let me know how could I

>>> Portuguese (Brazil)             99%
>>> Japanese (Japan)                99%
>>> Chinese (China)                 99%
>>> Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)       99%
>>> Hungarian                       98%
>>> Dutch (Netherlands)             94%
>>> German (Germany)                76%
>>> Russian (Russia)                75%

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

> [...]

> Spanish (es)
> Tatar (tt)
> Telugu (India) (te_IN)
> Thai (Thailand) (th_TH)
> Turkish (Turkey) (tr_TR)
> Vietnamese (Viet Nam) (vi_VN)
>

> On 23/10/2015 21:54, Stavros Konstantaras wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Maybe I could start a Greek translation as well.
>>
>> Just send me the “how to”.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stavros Konstantaras
>>
>> ----------------------------
>> Stavros Konstantaras
>> Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
>> University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH
>>
>> Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A
>>
>>> On 23 Oct 2015, at 22:49, Jaime Orlando Rojas Sanchez
>>> <ja...@kumo.com.co> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, I can help with Spanish translations. Let me know how could I

>>> Portuguese (Brazil)             99%
>>> Japanese (Japan)                99%
>>> Chinese (China)                 99%
>>> Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)       99%
>>> Hungarian                       98%
>>> Dutch (Netherlands)             94%
>>> German (Germany)                76%
>>> Russian (Russia)                75%

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello translators,

> [...]

Spanish (es)
Tatar (tt)
Telugu (India) (te_IN)
Thai (Thailand) (th_TH)
Turkish (Turkey) (tr_TR)
Vietnamese (Viet Nam) (vi_VN)

On 23/10/2015 21:54, Stavros Konstantaras wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Maybe I could start a Greek translation as well.
>
> Just send me the “how to”.
>
> Cheers
> Stavros Konstantaras
>
> ----------------------------
> Stavros Konstantaras
> Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
> University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH
>
> Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A
>
>> On 23 Oct 2015, at 22:49, Jaime Orlando Rojas Sanchez <ja...@kumo.com.co> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I can help with Spanish translations. Let me know how could I help.

>>> Dutch (Netherlands)             89%
>>> Russian (Russia)                75%

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello translators,

> [...]

Spanish (es)
Tatar (tt)
Telugu (India) (te_IN)
Thai (Thailand) (th_TH)
Turkish (Turkey) (tr_TR)
Vietnamese (Viet Nam) (vi_VN)

On 23/10/2015 21:54, Stavros Konstantaras wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Maybe I could start a Greek translation as well.
>
> Just send me the “how to”.
>
> Cheers
> Stavros Konstantaras
>
> ----------------------------
> Stavros Konstantaras
> Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
> University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH
>
> Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A
>
>> On 23 Oct 2015, at 22:49, Jaime Orlando Rojas Sanchez <ja...@kumo.com.co> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I can help with Spanish translations. Let me know how could I help.

>>> Dutch (Netherlands)             89%
>>> Russian (Russia)                75%

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Stavros Konstantaras <s....@uva.nl>.
Hi there,

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Stavros Konstantaras <s....@uva.nl>.
Hi there,

RE: UI translation for 4.6

RE: UI translation for 4.6

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Laszlo Hornyak <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for the reminder!
I can not promise it will ever be 100%, but I will review and cleanup the
translation.

Best regards,
Laszlo

--

EOF

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Laszlo Hornyak <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--

EOF

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi Erik,

Thanks to the norwegian translators.

I've opened an "open" PR until the merge by the release manager team
just before the future RC1 of CS 4.6.

You can view and check the web UI in norwegian localization if you apply
the PR #974 [1] on your local git branch

Milamber

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/974

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 23/10/2015 22:17, Yiping Zhang wrote:
> Well, is version 2.2 still relevant at all ?  Why waste time on it ?

Just if you can a 100% score on cloudstack homepage on transifex website.

Probably we must remove this version 2.2 (and perhaps all unsupported
versions of CS)

@David & @Seb have you some opinion to remove the resources files for
old versions?

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Yiping Zhang <yz...@marketo.com>.

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Thanks for the translation.

I've just open the 2.2 resource for acceptance of translated strings,
you can now grow to 100% for All versions of CloudStack.

Milamber

On 23/10/2015 21:58, Yiping Zhang wrote:
> I took a look at Chinese, and finished last two messages for 4.5/4.6.   All the remaining untranslated messages are for 2.2, but that one does not accept any more translations.  So there is no way to get it to reach 100% :(
>
> Yiping
>

> On 10/23/15, 12:05 PM, "Erik Weber" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The new stats for the translations of Web UI 4.6 (languages over 50%):
>>>
>>> French (France)                 100%
>>> Portuguese (Brazil)             99%
>>> Japanese (Japan)                99%
>>> Chinese (China)                 99%
>>> Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)       99%
>>> Hungarian                       98%
>>> Dutch (Netherlands)             94%
>>> German (Germany)                76%
>>> Russian (Russia)                75%

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Yiping Zhang <yz...@marketo.com>.

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
> On Oct 23, 2015, at 9:05 PM, Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The new stats for the translations of Web UI 4.6 (languages over 50%):
>>
>> French (France)                 100%
>> Portuguese (Brazil)             99%
>> Japanese (Japan)                99%
>> Chinese (China)                 99%
>> Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)       99%
>> Hungarian                       98%
>> Dutch (Netherlands)             94%
>> German (Germany)                76%
>> Russian (Russia)                75%
>> Korean (Korea)                  66%
>> Spanish                         53%
>>
>> Thanks for the translators! (especially to the Norwegian 70%->99%, 655 new
>> translated strings!)
>>

> I just finished the 2.2 strings that were missing and got us up to 100%.
>
> Thanks to Dag S. and Jan-Arve N. as well for their efforts!

Skrolllll

Re: UI translation for 4.6

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: UI translation for 4.6