Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Dave Ballard <db...@perenne.com> on 2001/04/12 00:28:47 UTC

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node

Hello,

I tried the simple servlet example from the latest Xalan using weblogic5.1,
and am running into the following exception. Can anyone give me a hint as to
where to look? I've tried swapping the order of the xalan and xerces jar
files in the runtime classpath with no luck.

Thanks,
Dave

---

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
isSupported(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z not found
     at
org.apache.xpath.axes.ChildWalkerMultiStep.getNextNode(ChildWalkerMultiStep.
java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xpath.axes.ChildWalkerMultiStep.nextNode(ChildWalkerMultiStep.jav
a, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.nextNode(LocPathIterator.java:689)
     at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemValueOf.execute(ElemValueOf.java:255)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Transformer
Impl.java:2085)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2942)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

---
Dave Ballard
Perenne Software Inc.
Email: dballard@perenne.com
Mobile: 512-773-4628
FAX: 512-458-6075

Re: getting SAX stream from DOM.

Posted by David Liu <da...@tibco.com>.
In Don Box's Essential XML's appendix, it has a DOM2SAX code example.
davidl

RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node

Posted by Dave Ballard <db...@perenne.com>.
Ah. I'll answer my own post. Placing xalan and xerces before the weblogic
classes fixed the problem. I wonder what this will break in weblogic?

Thanks,
Dave