Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by iain <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2007/07/09 16:42:06 UTC

Approved Requirements (change of behaviour)

Hi all,

I'm not logging this is a bug, because it might be deliberate...

I'm in the process of upgrading to the latest SVN (my current production
release is from December 2006), and have identified a significant change
in the handling of product requirements.

In my production version, if I am processing Approved requirements and
filter on a specific (supplier) party id, then I am presented with all
requirements irrespective of FacilityId if I choose to leave the
Facility Id field empty on the FindApprovedProductRequirements form.

In the latest version, this form now requires the FacilityId, and will
of course, only return requirements for the selected facility. If I have
requirements with no Facility Id (ie, null) there's no way to retrieve
these requirements. It looks like there's been a lot of work done in the
Requirements area over the last few months, and I wonder if there is a
reason for forcing this behaviour change. It looks like the authors are
assuming that all Approved requirements must be associated with a
Facility, but this is certainly not the case for me.

I'm still trying to understand the new implementation, but if anyone can
suggest a way of returning the old behaviour I'd appreciate any
short-circuiting of my investigations.

FWIW, in my local copy I've changed the FindApprovedProductRequirements
form to allow the Facility Id to be empty, but this simple change does
not convince the query function (getRequirementsForSupplier in
RequirementServices.java) to ignore the Facility Id when retrieving the
approved requirements.

Thanks, Iain