Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by James Radvan <Ja...@argos.co.uk> on 2001/06/25 17:13:06 UTC

external HTML pages in a portlet

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I thought there would be a simple way to
put an externally referenced standard web page into a portlet.  Is there?
eg how would I implement the following (which appears in the configurator
but doesn't render):

<portlet-entry type="ref" parent="HTML" name="Astalavista">
<url>http://www.astalavista.com/index.html</url>
<title>Astalavista</title>
<description>Description</description>
</portlet-entry>

??? Am I missing something?  Do externally referenced pages need to be
specially prepared for portlet use?

James Radvan
james@imperiumglobal.com

Click here to visit the Argos home page http://www.argos.co.uk

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential, and is intended exclusively for the addressee.
The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, dissemination or use of this communication is not authorised.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.
All messages sent and received by Argos Ltd are monitored for virus, high risk file extensions, and inappropriate content.  As a result users should be aware that mail may be accessed.