Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Labib Iskander, Marcus" <ml...@cm4all.com> on 2002/10/02 19:09:43 UTC

utf-7 encoding

Hi List,
just wanted to ask how you people deal with utf-7 encoded mails?
Specifically unicode-1-1-utf-7 which many mailserver seem to use for their
delivery failure notifications.
If you are annoyed by the missing of a charset converter in java as i am,
why not vote for the bug:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4304013.html
it is such an easy to fix problem which faces so many people (at least I
suppose so).
If anybody has a converter handy please give me a link to download. PLEASE!

Cheers,
  Marcus

RE: utf-7 encoding

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> If anybody has a [UNICODE / UTF-7] converter handy
> please give me a link to download. PLEASE!

If you feel like converting the simple C code to Java:

   http://www.unicode.org/Public/PROGRAMS/CVTUTF/

	--- Noel