Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rui Alberto <ru...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2005/06/09 18:21:49 UTC

prevent tomcat from setting cookies

Hi all,

I don't want tomcat to set cookies on the client. In any situation. I've
configured a Context in server.xml to my application:
EX:
<Context cookies="false" docBase="cocoon" path="/" reloadable="false"/>

But if the URL does not contain URL;JSESSIONID=ID, tomcat allways sets a
cookie on the client.

Why this happen? I'm I missing something??

Thanks for any help...

Rui

Re: prevent tomcat from setting cookies

Posted by Boris Folgmann <bo...@folgmann.de>.
Hi!

Rui Alberto schrieb:
> I don't want tomcat to set cookies on the client. In any situation. I've
> configured a Context in server.xml to my application:
> EX:
> <Context cookies="false" docBase="cocoon" path="/" reloadable="false"/>

I've got the same problem. There's also an older posting here on the list
from Andrew Steady (2004-12-02) about the same.

That really seems to be a bug as
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html
clearly says about the cookies attribute in <Context>:

"Set to true if you want cookies to be used for session identifier
communication if supported by the client (this is the default). Set to
false if you want to disable the use of cookies for session identifier
communication, and rely only on URL rewriting by the application."

Do we have to file a bugreport?

Best regards,
	boris