Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Kaufman <WK...@viquity.com> on 2001/04/02 16:19:51 UTC

RE: Redirect System.setOut() to response.out

By "response.out", you mean the ServletResponse's output?

Then, "magic dust" = "new java.io.PrintStream(response.getOutputStream())".

Note, though, that System.setOut() may be disallowed by the security
manager: you should try to avoid calling it, by using (and exposing) methods
which allow the caller to specify the output, wherever possible.

                                                            -- Bill K.