Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tarek Hammoud <ma...@c158163-a.mntp1.il.home.com> on 2000/10/26 03:59:34 UTC

Element order and sequence

Hello,

I have a question about sequences. I thought that the order of elements was not important thus the <sequence> element. However, I am getting validation error requiring the sequence to be the same as entered in the schema.  If my assumption is wrong, then what is the purpose of the <sequence> element. If I am right (the order by default) is not important, then why am I getting a validation error. I am using xerces-12x where x is my build from cvs tree.

<a>
   <x/>
    <y/>
</a>